Friday, September 10, 2010

Is this Real Life?

Ever have one of those days, weeks or years when you feel like you are sleeping walking through life?  Some how, reality feels obscure and you hope you are dreaming.  It's been that kind of a month for me.  In fact, if life threw any more curve balls my way, I might believe I've stepped up to the mound in some crazy baseball game.  What on earth happened?  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was ten--carefree and clueless?  Back then, I believed that playing by the rules would pay handsome dividends later on.  I believed everyone was kind and we would all hold hands and sing (like Pepsi commercials).  Then, somehow, you wake up and you are sitting in a traffic jam while some road rager is blaring his/her horn and shooting you the stink eye.  Oh, how I long for my utopian perspective of youth.  Perhaps that's why we have children?  They remind us of how we USED to be hopeful and oblivious to the naysayers.  Today, I embrace my inner child and say "When I grow up, I'm going to give homeless people flowers."  

No comments:

Post a Comment