Are you a healthy eater? Do you buy your groceries in the organic section and shop the perimeter of the store--choosing only fresh fruit, veggies and dairy items? I WISH I had that type of willpower. While I'm not a terrible eater and I manage to stick with mostly healthy items, I have a huge weakness for snacks. Specifically--Doritos. I blame my friend, Becky, for this junk food addiction. We started religiously buying these delectable treats every time we planned a sleepover (starting in middle school). We're in our late-thirties now yet we still make it a golden rule to have Doritos on hand when visiting one another.
How do I love thee? Well, I'd start with breakfast if I could. Clearly, Doritos in the morning are not the typical fare. Have I, though, indulged in said snack in the morning hours? YES. However, once I married my health-conscious husband, I reduced my relationship with Doritos tremendously. Every once in a while, I was able to sneak a bag in the shopping cart when he wasn't looking. Seldom did he share my urge for all things triangular and cheesy. Instead, he'd remind me of the better choices.
So what's a girl to do when her grocery-abiding hubby is living in another state?? Quite frankly, she pounds Doritos by the bag. Shameful, right? I bought the bag on Monday and they are all gone (it's Friday!). Did I share them with my five year old and almost 2 year old? Nope! I chowed on them when they were sleeping. Am I embarrassed? I'll answer that when I'm done licking the cheesy-goodness off my fingers. :)
And clean off the keyboard...
ReplyDeleteWhat flavor piques your tastebuds? Cool ranch, pizza, or good ol' original? I am fascinated by your addiction and share in your well-thought eating escapades sans children...my go-to items usually involve chocolate. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm wiping Doritos crumbs off the keyboard as I type...
ReplyDeleteAnd I still prefer the original--although Cool Ranch takes close second.