Wednesday, December 1, 2010

There's Really Nothing on TV

Why is it that when you have free time and can actually watch tv, there's nothing good to watch?  Tonight, for example, I found myself faced with all reruns on my favorite shows.  Feeling adventurous, I decided to check the Discovery Channel.  Surely there would be something educational there, right?  Um...not exactly.  Have you ever caught a glimpse (as I can't imagine one sitting through much more than that!) of "Freaky Eaters"?  Basically, the show follows some poor soul with a strange food addiction and pairs said fool with a couple of therapists.  Tonight's episode revolved around a girl who consumes 24 cans of cola per day.  And I thought I had a problem with Doritos!  Ha!  I only watched the last five minutes but it was enough to realize I'll never get those 5 precious minutes back.  More laughable was the dramatization of the next episode--a girl who had been eating french fries daily for 26 years.  I can't make this stuff up.  Discovery Channel personnel--repeat after me--I will not create show ideas after drinking heavily.  I will not create show ideas after drinking heavily.  I will not....

No comments:

Post a Comment