Friday, December 3, 2010

Crazy Drivers

Nothing proves more entertaining to me than crazy drivers.  Have you ever found yourself following a driver who is enraged by the car/driver in front of them?  (I know, that was hard to follow, right?)  Today, as I was happily singing along to Christmas songs on my way to the store, I witnessed a person wildly gesturing at the car in front of him/her.  Did I mention I was driving through a neighborhood area so the speed limit was 25 miles per hour and also one heavily patroled by local police.  After following both cars a good two miles, I see the driver in the car ahead of me making overly-dramatic applause signals to the first car as he/she turns.  Then, "crazy" driver lays on his horn and shoots this person the bird.  What????  

Admittedly, I typically drive pretty fast--but even I know there are some places you have to abide by the speed limits.  And, I understand frustration when drivers go under the posted speed limit.  But, since such was not the case, I surmised that crazy driver must be in a hurry.  You can imagine my delight, then, when I have the privilege of following him another 2-3 miles on a stretch of road filled with traffic lights.  I imagine he was seething as he sped off after the first fella turned--only to end up at a red light.  I giggled in pure delight and smirked at the reflection in his rear-view mirror every time I came up to the light and stopped behind him.   I even gave him a little toot and obnoxious wave at each light...a little reminder that all his foolishness did not get him to his final destination any faster.  Yeah, it doesn't take much to amuse me these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment